Business Law Services in Queens, Long Island, & New York City
When facing a vital business decision or problem, turning to a business lawyer may seem like an extravagant expense; however, coming to an attorney early in your business can save you extraordinary expenses long term. As a business owner or manager, you are subject to many local, state, and federal laws. Keeping up with compliance, filling out the right forms, and getting the right licenses and protections can be incredibly difficult, but can be improved and your stress can be reduced with the right knowledge, skills, and resources.
At Suri Law, we are focused exclusively on business law and helping our clients with both short-term and long-term solutions aimed at preventing legal issues or resolving them efficiently and effectively. Our goal is to save you time and money by providing the right answers and advice, whether they involve business formation when first starting, managing daily activities, engaging in large transactions, or exiting your business. We are here to provide accessible and efficient legal help that does not sacrifice quality.
What Is Business Law?
Business law in New York encompasses a wide range of legal topics that relate to the formation, operation, and dissolution of businesses. A business law attorney can provide valuable services to both entrepreneurs and established businesses in various aspects of their operations.
Some of these services include:
- Startup Advising. We can help entrepreneurs choose the appropriate legal structure for their business, such as corporation, limited liability company (LLC), sole proprietorship, or partnership. We can also assist with the necessary paperwork and filings required to establish a business entity in New York. We can help you formulate a smart business plan to help get your enterprise off the ground and running. We offer flat-fee business formation service.
- Corporate Compliance. Businesses must adhere to various federal, state, and local regulations, which may vary depending on the industry and location of the business. Our attorney can help you understand and comply with these regulations, as well as represent you in dealings with regulatory agencies.
- Trademarks. We can help you protect your intellectual property rights, such as your business trademarks and trade secrets. We are experienced with registering intellectual property, licensing agreements, and enforcement of IP rights, such as your trademark name, design, symbol, or image that distinguishes your business from others. We offer flat-fee legal help for service in this practice area.
- Contracts and Agreements. We can draft, review, and negotiate various types of contracts and agreements, such as employment contracts, vendor agreements, leases, corporate governance documents, and partnership agreements. Our firm can also help resolve contract disputes and provide advice on contractual obligations and rights.
- Employment Law. This involves the various aspects of employment, including hiring and firing practices, wage and hour laws, and workplace safety regulations. We can also help you develop policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. We can guide you through the complex process of mergers and acquisitions, including negotiating terms, drafting agreements, and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Leases and Commercial Property Purchases or Sales. Whether you are leasing, buying, or selling your commercial property location, we can help you with the complex matter of contracts and the overall process involved in acquiring, managing, developing, or selling property.
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation. When disputes arise between you and another business or between you and your customers, employees, or other parties, we can help resolve the issue through negotiation, alternative dispute resolution methods, or in court.
- Dissolution and Exit Strategies. If you decide to move on from your business, we can help with the dissolution process, including drafting and filing necessary documents, handling regulatory issues, and negotiating the sale or transfer of the business.
Overall, we can help you with the running of your business by making business law accessible. We provide valuable services, whether you are an entrepreneur or an established company, helping you navigate the complex legal business landscape while protecting your interests.
Prioritizing RelationshipsWe know the value of investing in relationships. Our goal is establishing relationships with businesses and promoting socio-economic mobility for business owners from marginalized communities.
Dedicated to Our Clients
We prioritize helping businesses, especially minority-owned businesses, grow and flourish.
Our focus will always be offering high-quality services at reasonable prices.